Law 196/2003 – Protection and processing of personal data
Execus informs visitors to the group’s websites that they take measures for the protection of personal data in observance of and in compliance with the prevailing privacy standards – Legislative Decree No. 196/2003).
Types of Data
When the user visits the website, his or her presence on the website is anonymous. The information systems and software procedures which perform the functions of this website allow the acquisition, during their operation, of some personal data, the transmission of which is implicit in the use of Internet communication protocols. This is information which is gathered to be associated with identified involved parties but which, by its very nature could, through processing and association with data kept by third parties, allow the users to be identified. IP addresses or domain names of computers utilised by users who connect to the site fall into this category of data as well as URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) addresses of the requested resources, the time requested, the method utilised in sending the request to the server, the side of the file obtained in reply, the numeric code indicating the status of the reply given by the server (success, error, etc.) and other parameters relative to the user’s operating system and computer environment. This data is utilised only to obtain anonymous statistical information regarding the use of the SITE and to verify its correction functionality and are cancelled after processing.
Execus uses various technologies to improve the efficiency of their websites and the user’s browsing experience. These technologies include cookies, transparent GIFs, web bugs and web beacons.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file, usually made up of letters and numbers, inserted on the computer, tablet, telephone or similar device used by the user to browse a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners to allow the functionality of the website or to increase its efficiency, as well as to provide information.
What are cookies for?
There are different types of cookies with different functions.
Execus uses the following types of cookies:
- Required cookies. These are cookies needed for the functionality of the website, for example to allow access to protected areas or the use of a shopping cart.
- Analysis/performance cookies These cookies allow the number of visitors to be known and counted and to verify how they browse on the website when they visit. This information allows us to improve the functionality of the website, for example ensuring that visitors find what they are looking for quickly.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise when a user returns to visit the website. This way, we can personalise the content based on specific needs, greet users by name and store preferences, for example, the language selection or geographical location.
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record the visits to the website, the pages visited and the links clicked on by the users. This information allows us to personalise the website and the content displayed based on specific interests. For this purpose, we could also share this information with third parties.
How long do cookies stay on devices?
Some cookies are active from the moment an Execus website is accessed until the end of the individual web browsing session. The cookies expire and are automatically deleted when the Internet browser is closed. They are also called session cookies.
Some cookies remain in the device between one browsing session and the next and do not expire when the browser is closed. In this case, they are called persistent cookies. The duration of these cookies on the device varies depending on the cookie.
How is it possible to control which cookies can be installed on the device?
The user can decide whether or not to accept the cookies. For this purpose, the user can use the Internet browser settings. Most browsers allow the majority of the cookies to be controlled in a certain measure using the settings. (Bear in mind that, if all cookies are blocked through the browser settings, some sections of the Execus website will not be accessible.) The following websites contain information on how to adjust the cookie settings in some of the most commonly used browsers:
- Apple Safari
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
To explicitly deny the use of Google Analytics cookies on Execus websites, visit the following websites:
- Google Analytics: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
For further information on interest-based advertisements and the available options, visit these websites: Digital Advertising Alliance, Network Advertising Initiative eInteractive Advertising Bureau (IAB) Europe.
For further information on cookies in general, on how to see which cookies have been set and on how to manage and delete them, go to: www.allaboutcookies.org
Data provided voluntarily by the user
The user’s personal information is provided by the same on the site only through the “request for information” and is utilised to correspond with him or her. The optional, explicit and voluntary sending of an electronic mail to the addresses indicated on this site implies the subsequent acquisition of the sender’s address, necessary to reply to the requests as well as any other personal data inserted in the communication.
Purpose of the data processing
The data gathered is processed for the following purposes:
a. to register for the service;
b. to stipulate buying and selling contracts and to fulfil their performance;
c. to carry out the fulfilments required to execute the contract relationship put in place;
d. to send commercial information, advertising, information and promotional material, with any means (e-mail, sms text message, etc.);
e. to carry out, even through telephone contact, market research, financial and statistical analysis for the purpose of verifying the correct functionality of the services and the popularity of the same;
f. to process personalised information on the consumer habits and orientation of the interested parties;
g. to disclose the data to third party companies for direct marketing purposes.
Providing information is compulsory for the conclusion of the purchase contract and optional in other cases. Failure to provide information will imply the impossibility of being able to carry out the order placed.
Categories of subjects to whom the data will be transmitted
The processing of the personal data in question, for the purposes stated above, may also be carried out by natural persons or legal entities in Italy or abroad who, on behalf of and/or in the interest of Execus, provide specific processing services or carry out connected instrumental or support activities.
Your data may therefore be disclosed to, for the same indicated purposes, in addition to the other companies in the Group, also to:
– any legitimate recipient of the communications required by legislation or regulations (such as, for example, offices Public Authorities;
– any recipient of communications required for execution of the obligations stemming from the services provided;
– third party companies specialised in the management of commercial information and information on credit (such as, for example, data processing centres, banks, etc.).
Your data will also be processed by:
– companies and/or collaborators for the management of administrative services used to fulfil our legal or contractual obligations;
– other subjects (enterprises, companies, natural persons) who collaborate with the realisation of the services and the purposes indicated, even abroad. These subject operate as duly appointed and instructed Managers or Persons in Charge.
Conservation of the data
None of the data acquired may be used for any purposes other than those indicated above and it will be conserved for the period necessary for the fulfilment of the same. At the end of this period, the data will be deleted or transformed into anonymous form. For detailed information on purchases and services, the times of conservation will not be greater than those established by the prevailing regulation.
Rights of the interested party
Your option remains unaffected to exercise the rights at any time pursuant to Art. 7 (the right to access to personal data and other rights) of the Code, specifically: the right to access your personal data, request its correction, amendment and deletion if incomplete, erroneous or collected in violation of the prevailing regulation, as well as the right to oppose to their processing for legitimate reasons, directing a written request to Execus, namely directly through the methods indicated on the website on the data access page.
Owner of the handling
The owner of the handling is Execus with registered offices in Via Pretorio, 13 – 6900 Lugano, Switzerland